OK. So Sarah goes out into the garage this morning to go to school at 6:55 am, and what do I hear... "The garage door won't open!". My little sleepy mind couldn't quite translate that simple statement, so I say, "Huh?.. what do you mean?" "I SAID THE GARAGE DOOR WON'T GO UP!!!" du du du duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.. Super Tom to the rescue. I go out and sure enough, the door will not go up. I'll just unlatch the automatic door opener and raise the door, as we have to do if the power is out. Click.. OK, unlatched. Grab on the handle of the door and push the door up... It doesn't even budge. OK. That was just a test attempt to raise the door.. Use your legs, man! UUUUnnnndtrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg... What the.... I can't budge the door.. At this point, with Peri and Sarah standing there, I feel a little bit embarrassed. Am I too old to even lift the door.. I get a ladder and check the top of the door, to make sure it isn't somehow jammed. Nope.. I look over and what do my eyes see... The tension spring that at this time, I wasn't sure exactly what it's function was, was broke in half. OK, so that is apparently the problem, but Sarah and the kids need to get to school. So they take Ella's car to school (If Ella is driving, she normally leaves a bit after Sarah and Peri, but today, Ella was pretty much ready to leave so it all worked out) So, I call the garage door place hoping that those springs might have like a 10 year warranty, but no such luck, but they were able to dispatch a repairman this morning and he arrived around 9:45. 45 minutes later, he was gone and the door works again. He proceeded to tell me that a door our size is very heavy and even he and I could not raise it. OK, so I am feeling my testosterone slowly eeking back into my system. That door ought to know better than to kick sand in my face.. Haha.. Anyway, that is our little adventure for today and I hope all is well with everyone.
Love and regards...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I got a good laugh out of that one! Great narration! See you this weekend! Rease has been talking about missing you! :)
Super Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment