Friday, February 6, 2009

Cat fun

Well, it's been awhile, but we are still here. I was walking out of the bedroom a couple nights ago, and there sits Eliza, our big fat yellow cat all hunkered down in the hallway, which, being the disturbed cat that we all know and love, and she would always run down the hallway or into a bedroom if you entered the hallway and she was there. So, I asked Eliza in my best cat whispering voice ( Sarah really needs to teach me how that works ) what she was doing and she fled down the hall, leaving behind the remnants of a half eaten mouse. I told Sarah about it as she was coming from the shower, so I went to get something to remove the carcass. Well, when I get back, apparently, our lovely little cat had been tossing that poor little mouse around because there were little blood marks on the wall. I removed the carcass and Sarah told me that she had let Eliza in a very short while before I made the gruesome discovery. She apparently brought her little meal in from the porch. When she discovered that her little friend was no longer there, she went to the porch door and wanted to go back out. It was freezing out and she rarely wants to go out. I let her out and she got in a crouched position by the door that leads to the outside, apparently waiting for her next victim. She sat there in that position for a long time, so I have to assume that is where she caught the poor little mouse. That was fun. Have a great one!!

No comments: