Friday, January 23, 2009

Senior Night Swimming and conference bball tourney

Senior night was fun for the kids. The 4 girls and 1 boy were honored after the diving and they all swam, even the young lady who was manager and another was only a diver, both, who had not swam in anything all year. We swam against Terre Haute South Vigo, and they beat us pretty handily. The boys are down to 8 swimmers, but one had gone home sick and they had like 30 boys on their team. Ella got to swim the 500, and she did a nice job (6:26) or something like that and she placed 3rd. I got to do timing on a lane by myself ( I am just talented that way ), so it was kind of hard to follow everything else that was going on in the meet. I believe Ella also finished 3rd in the backstroke which was only 2 events after she had swam the 500. Her time was 1:11, far off her best of the season, but she swam in 4 events on the night.

Peri was cheering for her 7th and 8th grade basketball teams who both had advanced to the finals of the conference tournament. They both won, beating teams they had previously beaten, I believe.

Oh yeah. Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Wooooo hooooo.... Today was the last day of early morning swim practice for the girls. I got up at 4:50 and took Ella in, then decided to sleep in a little this morning. I am on a flex schedule and had no meetings or deadlines at work, so I just decided to take advantage of that. I have been called numerous names from my loving wife for this action, although, it doesn't really faze me right now. I am sure she will shower me with kind and loving words when I actually see her. Love ya, Sarah!!

So, that's our Life from "the ville" for the last few days. Peace Out.

1 comment:

Abrah said...

Happy Birthday Tom! I was going to send you an email, but for some reason I don't have it. Happy Birthday from all of us!